- Oman’s new economic reality calls for Vision 2040 strategy rethink 9 June 2020 - John Davies The severity of the economic challenge facing Oman will persist long after the COVID-19 pandemic has receded, requiring the country to rethink its long-term approach to economic development. Vision 2040 remains a top priority for the leadership under… »
- Business as usual? UAE consumer spending post COVID-19 5 June 2020 - Karen Young While the UAE has unveiled a series of stimulus measures to support businesses during COVID-19, the economic fallout of the pandemic has taken its toll on consumer behavior. With many of the country’s key sectors heavily affected by… »
- Turkish power sector looks for COVID-19 restructure 2 June 2020 - Jon Gorvett Once a premium destination for overseas investors, Turkey’s power sector has recently been struggling with the impact of lower-than-expected growth rates, partial market liberalisation and fixed, long-term natural gas contracts. Power generation firms face further stress as the… »
- Where do Saudi Arabia’s youth stand amid COVID-19? 29 May 2020 - Mark C. Thompson In Saudi Arabia, where some 60% of the population is under the age of 30, and largely well educated, constructive youth engagement is a necessity for the socioeconomic development. With the fallout from the coronavirus pandemic threatening… »
- Can Saudi container ports demand keep up with capacity? 26 May 2020 - Daniel Moshashai Over the last decade the volume of container throughput handled at Saudi ports has nearly doubled, due in large part to privatisation, regulatory changes and high-tech equipment. With ever more attention directed towards capturing Red Sea trade flows,… »
- Climate change and migration – the next big challenge for MENA? 22 May 2020 - The level of disruption caused by the coronavirus pandemic has revealed how ill-prepared governments and international institutions are for anything beyond their routine activities. When normality is once again restored, the world must learn the lessons from today’s events in… »
The Castlereagh Retainer
Timely analysis tailored to your line of business
Your Exclusive Client Area
Formal discussions, informal dinners with key personalities,
2 speakers at your events
Castlereagh Opportunities Series
Morocco: An emerging economic force
View our latest report on economic forecasts, sector opportunities, foreign economic relations and key risks in Morocco.
Iran Economic Series
5 Reports each looking at key economic issues in Iran: Inflation, Banking, Corruption, Trade, Budgeting.
3 Reports looking into political and economic relations between Malaysia and GCC countries.